Position Description – This position is responsible for performing all aspects of the warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping, and preparing of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion. This position will be 3 days a week with the opportunity to become full time in the future.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct timely and error free preparation of daily shipments within ERP System
- Picks customer orders and prepares product for shipment, securely arranging product on pallets or in boxes
- Prepares shipments accurately according to customer instructions and internal processes
- Prepares necessary shipping documents when required
- Schedule pick-up of customer orders with designated or optimal carrier within ERP system
- Prepare and load shipments onto trucks
- Arrange individual box shipments through UPS or FedEx services
- Receive and inspect incoming shipments for discrepancies and damages within ERP system
- Conducts the cycle counting, labeling, and tag allocation of all goods.
- Ensures proper labeling and marking of all packaging
- Store received products on warehouse shelves, maintaining organized (FIFO) warehouse / inventory.
- Keeps records of warehouse inventory stock
- Maintain warehouse facilities (cleanliness and repairs), product (organized), and supplies (stocked and stored).
- Suggest measures of improvement and development of the warehouse.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Must be capable of efficiently operating warehouse machines and equipment (forklifts, pallet banding etc.)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate across all levels, internally and externally.
- Self-starter and good team player.
- Distribution warehouse experience preferred
The Logistics Associate position reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor
Must be capable to…
- Lift 65lbs boxes repetitively
- Full use of a computer and keyboard
- Travel up to 5% as required
Note: This job description is not all inclusive and the employee may be required to perform other duties not necessarily described in this document, but may be requested by the supervisor/manager.